Problem: Outdated drinking troughs fail Victorian students.
The teachers and managers at Boronia Heights Primary School, faced a dilemma. Their aging drinking trough, over 50 years old, desperately needed an upgrade. The outdated design was no longer functional. The school was concerned about the hygiene and quality of the drinking water provided to its students. And they lacked bottle refill options.
Solution: Install the Hydrobank drinking water station.
This makes it difficult for students to stay hydrated throughout the day. On top of that, the plain stainless-steel design lacked appeal and did not engage students. School Business Manager Lori Lundberg recognised the need for an upgrade. After doing her research, she discovered Civiq’s drinking water stations. These units offered several advantages over traditional troughs:
Benefits: What makes the Hydrobank apart from
- Hygiene: The Hydrobank features left-to-right flowing fountains. This minimises the risk of contaminating the water source you see with traditional bubblers.
- Bottle Refill: Multiple bottle refill points encourage students to bring reusable bottles and reduce plastic waste.
- Durable Stainless Steel: Constructed with robust materials, the Hydrobank is built to withstand the wear and tear of everyday school life.
- Cool Design: Boronia Heights chose the Hydrobank with an Authentic Aboriginal Art design panel. This creates a visually appealing unit. And resonates with the school’s culture and values.
Innovative drinking water solution
Student health and well-being is a top priority for schools in Victoria and the rest of the country. And when it comes to hydration, Boronia Heights Primary School has found a powerful solution: the Hydrobank. This innovative water station has profoundly impacted the school community. lncreased hydration, reduced waste, healthier choices, and positive engagement.
The Power of the Hydrobank
- Increased Hydration: Students are more likely to drink water throughout the day, with the Hydrobank readily available. This helps them stay focused, alert, and energised throughout the school day.
- Reduced Waste: The Hydrobank encourages students to refill their water bottles. This reduces the need for single-use plastic bottles and contributes to a more sustainable environment.
- Healthier Choices: With clean, accessible water, the colourful Hydrobank discourages students from choosing sugary drinks.
- Positive Engagement: The hygienic design and cool art of the Hydrobank encourage staff, students and anyone visiting the school campus to use the water station more frequently.
Lori Lundberg, BM at Boronia Heights Primary School
“Our old drink taps were over 50 years old and were in need of an update. We loved the unique look of Civiq’s drink stations and are extremely happy with the finished product. We would highly recommend them.”
The Hydrobank has proven to be a successful solution for the Boronia Heights Primary School’s outdated and unhygienic drinking troughs. The drinking water station encourages student hydration, reduces waste, and promotes healthy choices. Moreover, this is achieved with a visually appealing and engaging environment for students and staff.